- 2 1/2 Cups Flour (Plus More As Needed)
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Stick Butter (8 Tablespoons)
- 1/3 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- Add Ins: i.e. Berries, Chocolate Chips, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Diced Apples, Banana…
- Set oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in large bowl.
- Cut butter into pieces and add to mix – use a fork or pastry blender tool to mix the butter in, cutting it until mix resembles fine crumbs.
- Toss in the sugar (shift bowl around until sugar is totally combined), then stir in milk with a spoon until dough forms.
- Throw in add-ins and mix by spoon or hand until combined.
- Set up a floured surface and knead dough into a thick, flat circle (about 2 inches thick), sprinkling flour into dough as needed (to prevent stickiness).
- Cut circle into 6-8 wedges.
- Place the wedges on a prepared baking sheet and bake 15-20 minutes, until scones are just browned on top.