- 1 1/3 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup CRISCO Vegetable Shortening
- 4-6 Tablespoons Cold Water
- Mix flour and salt in medium to large bowl.
- ‘Cut’ in CRISCO with a fork or pastry blender – keep going until mix looks like very fine, dry crumbs.
- Add in water 2 tablespoons at a time and mix with a spoon until it forms a soft – but NOT sticky – ball of dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface, sprinkling with more flour as needed.
- Flip pie pan or other type of pan upside-down and place on dough; cut about 1/2 inch out around the edges and then flip pan over.
- Fit dough to pan, then use a fork to mark the edges.
NOTE: CRISCO works best at room temperature, so do not refrigerate. Finished dough is freezer-friendly.